Top 10 Reasons NOT To Move To Boise
Interesting find... Top 10 reasons NOT to move to Boise, from a non-local... Is this spot on?
I stumbled upon this YouTube video titled "Top 10 Reasons NOT To Move To Boise". It was produced by a guy who I've heard do videos like this in a series for cities all over the country. I thought it would be interesting to hear his take on Boise.
So let's take a look at his list:
- Boise people do NOT like Californians moving here. Yeah, it's mostly true. (ed. not: I don't care where you're from, personally. It's a free country, come and enjoy!)
- It's far from other cities. Well, locally it's often referred to as an island and that's not inaccurate. Portland, Seattle and Salt Lake are all long drives away.
- The food is bland and we eat fries with everything. Ummm... I think the whole Idaho potato thing is a little over sold. I don't feel like I consume any more potatoes than i did prior to moving here. As far as bland food, I don't necessarily agree. At this point, we have a bit of everything here so I'm going to say this one isn't accurate.
- Extreme seasons: This video paints Boise as having brutally hot summers and that's just not the case. We definitely see our share of 100+ degree days, particularly this year, but it's no Vegas or Phoenix, and our winter weather isn't that bad at all.
- Hipsters and hippes (Diet Portland as he calls it). Look, Boise is certainly more liberal than the rest of the Treasure Valley but "Diet Portland", that's just incorrect.
- College Town: Sure! Boise State is a big deal here. What of it?
- The outdoors. Is this a bad thing? Mother nature has placed some incredible beauty here in Idaho!
- Public Transportation (or lack thereof). True... Let's be honest: this is a car town. If you move from somewhere with subways, light rails, trains and 24 hour bus systems, this is going to be a bit of a change.
- Construction season is a thing. Winter and construction season. Yeah, sure... Boise is one of the fastest growing cities in the country so, yeah, that's gonna happen.
- Home Prices. Yup, this we all know... It's getting more and more expensive to live here and it's due to the influx of people moving from other areas.
So I don't entirely agree with this non-local's perspective but I certainly don't entirely disagree. What do you think?
100 Artistic Murals Show Why Freak Alley In Boise is on Idaho's Bucket List
25 Stunning Photos To Make You Fall In Love With Idaho All Over Again
Blue Heart Springs