Boise Pride Announces Updates, Parade Details
It's almost time for one of the most anticipated events of the entire year--Boise Pride Festival. It has been truly amazing, over the years, to watch how quickly this event has grown. From several hundred gathering back when the festival was in Ann Morrison Park to now, several THOUSAND all across the parks, streets, and venues of downtown Boise. Here in the Treasure Valley, Boise Pride Festival serves as a living and breathing exemplification of community, love, and acceptance.
With the festival now happening in September instead of June out of an abundance of caution surrounding COVID-19, more and more details are being released and we can't wait to have it happening already!
In a recent announcement from the festival itself, we now have a little idea of events happening each day during the festival--September 10th through 12th.
- Friday, September 10th
- Rally kicks off the festival at 5:30 p.m. and entertainment will get going immediately after on the main stage.
- MAJOR firework show will be happening tonight, too!
- Saturday, September 11th
- Festival opens up at 11:00 a.m. and will run through 7:00 p.m. at Cecil D. Andrus Park
- Nighttime activities for 21+ will be happening all over town, too!
- Sunday, September 12th
- Parade on Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.
- Festival in the park will be open and running from 11:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
Perhaps the biggest change coming to Boise Pride Festival will be on Sunday--that parade has traditionally been on a Saturday morning.
A more detailed schedule will be rolled out soon, including where you can join 103.5 KISS FM to party, as well!
LOOK: 50 essential civil rights speeches
25 True Crime Locations: What Do They Look Like Today?
LOOK: Here is the richest town in each state